The one thing that makes the difference between open source software and proprietary software is thought to be security. However, security method way more than just sound programming. continued and shared sense vigilance are in order. Each website should be observed, as there is no such thing as an unhackable code, open or closed. The question it’s not if, but when.
That’s why security should not be one of the criteria to rely on when rejecting open source software. Here are some of most important 7 advantages of using this kind of software:
1. Using open source software has meaningful advantages for the company using it, in addition as for the community. It allows to a large numbers of developers to enhance this product and redistribute it. This is why free software is a true assistance for the whole community.
2. Free software is more flexible. Open source codes allow you to see how the program works and how to approach it in order to exchange or proportion data. That’s why it’s really simple adapting programs so that they can work with each other.
3. Lower acquisition costs. Proprietary software costs are considerably higher than those of open source software. truly, in most situations, open source software is free and expenses for documentation and sustain are quite low.
4. You don’t have to worry about licenses. You can install the software multiple times and you can use it from anywhere.
5. Free software allows easy debugging thanks to access to source code.
6. When using this kind of software you can assistance from its use by a large community. That method you can get a lot of advice from many software users and developers.
7. You can choose from lots of software suppliers whenever you want. Open code makes impossible for one vendor to see himself as your only provider and then take advantage of this situation.