Tips on How to Build a enormous Contact List
The secret to building success in your business is to have a big contact list. Here are some tips on how to start writing your contact list and also some opportunities for expanding your network.
1. Write a list about all the people you already know:
- If you had a wedding then all the names on the guest list
- Co workers
- People saved on your cellphone
- People in your beauty salon/barber shop
- Anyone who sold you anything (clothes, shoes, cars, computer, furniture, food, drink, etc)
- People in the following sets that you know: banker, accountant, plumber, painter, doctor, etc
- Your friend’s friends (for example, your children’s teachers, your friends neighbors, etc)
Depending on your age, there must be a minimum of 300 names on your list.
2. Email shops, stores, saloons that might be interested in your product or service
Look for shops, stores, saloons on Google and email them by introducing your service or product. The email should be no more then one and a half pages including:
- a short product or service introduction that will grab the person’s attention closest (e.g., why it is rare, what would be advantageous for them, etc)
- your contact details
- a photo of the product or a applicable photo about the service (might be a company logo)
If there is no reply for about 10 days then send them another email with some new, interesting information about your product or service. The statistics shows that 15 % of the emails will be replied. Always follow up because you will never know who you will meet and what kind of new relationship you can have with that person.
3. Social Networking Websites
Start building your business online too!
Register on social networking sites and look for people who have the same interest as you do. Here is a list of some of the most famous Social Networking Websites:
Add some interesting things about yourself in your profile e.g., what you like to do, your hobbies, where you’ve been, and talk a little bit about your business too.
Put up a few pictures too! People love to look at the photos, it makes you interesting to them!
Attract people, make them interested in you and your business!
4. Business Networking Websites
There are also business networking sites where you can contact with business professionals. Some of the main Business Networking Websites:
Take advantage of these sites too by reaching more possible customers and business partners. Build a enormous, responsive list by adding people and building relationships. Look for people who are in the same field, look up their profile, blogs, and comments. Discover new connections, opportunities, ideas and information. Many people are looking for jobs and opportunities on these sites. Talk about your experiences and knowledge. Also proportion and comment about your favorite articles with your contacts and exchange your ideas! These sites permit an effective business network strategy!
5. Join forums
People are always disinctive about others comments, ideas, feelings or experiences. Write your comments, contact with other people on the forums and get involved in conversations. Start meeting people!
6. Write articles, start blogging
Be an expert in what you do, write articles about it, reviews, and make it interesting to the target audience.
You can also make your own blog and write about your business, your life, your hobby or in any case you would like. Just do it and tell people!
When you have a bunch of contacts then you can promote your business and invite customers to come and sustain your business! Being successful in a business, reaching your goals and making your list as big as you could ever imagine needs patience and time. Take time to network and be open, you never know who you will meet. The Universe will bring the right people to you! There is no such thing as ‘get high quick’. It takes time to develop relationships with people and develop your own group.