Netflix Cancels Meghan Markle Series Pearl

Photo Credit: The Jakarta Post

Netflix Inc. said on Sunday that it won’t be making any more episodes of Meghan Markle’s animated family show “Pearl.” The streaming service is cutting back on its animated content.

Many projects, including Meghan’s animated series, have been canceled by Netflix as part of its strategic decisions about making animated shows, the company said in a statement. Netflix did not give more information about its decision-making course of action.

As part of the company that Meghan and Prince Harry started, Archewell Productions, they said last year that Meghan would be an executive producer on “Pearl.” This is the movie that they made together. The show was supposed to be about a 12-year-old girl who is inspired by a lot of powerful women from history.

Archewell Productions didn’t respond right away to a comment.

Dino Daycare and Boons and Curses, two animated kids’ shows that Netflix didn’t want to make, we’re also not going to be made.

After Netflix lost 200,000 subscribers in the first quarter, it decided to cancel these shows. It didn’t meet its goal of adding 2.5 million new subscribers.

That’s not all: Netflix has said they’ll work on more projects with Archewell Productions, including the documentary series “Heart of Invictus,” which was already planned. When The Hague hosts the Invictus Games for injured veterans in 2022, the show will be about athletes who will be competing.

Netflix didn’t answer a question about whether it would cut down more animated shows or not.

Click: See details

Leave a Reply