Five-time ‘World’s strongest man’ brutally KOs 23-stone opponent in 18…

Mariusz Pudzianowski brought his record to 16-7 with a vicious first round stoppage of Serigne Ousmane Dia, better known as ‘Bombardier’, at last night’s KSW 64 in Poland

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Conor McGregor and Machine Gun Kelly scuffle at VMAs

Five-time world’s strongest man winner Mariusz Pudzianowski brutally stopped 23-stone unbeaten Serigne Ousmane Dia within seconds of their super heavyweight clash last night.

The pair met in the co-main event of KSW 64 in the Polish city of Lodz at the Atlas Arena, with their combined weights tipping a enormous 587 lbs, or just under 42-stone.

And despite the fact that Ousmane Dia, who goes by the nickname ‘Bombardier’, had not lost a fight in his young career to date, he was wildly outmatched against the veteran knockout artist Pudzianowski.

TRIOLGY: Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz urged to complete rivalry in boxing ring
DANA WHITE: UFC president Dana White unsure if star will re-sign with promotion
LEGENDS: Muhammad Ali’s grandson and Evander Holyfield’s son land KO wins on same card

The bout was one of the most highly expected in a weekend that also featured a wild light heavyweight UFC clash between Marvin Vettori and Paolo Costa, and one of the mythical Fedor Emelianenko ‘s final fights in Bellator.



Mariusz Pudzianowski knocked out ‘Bombardier’ Serigne Ousmane Dia at KSW 64
(

Image:

KSW)




Fans were hindered when the duo tipped the scales at weigh-ins on Friday, with Pudzianowski weighing a enormous 67 lbs, or 4-and-a-half stone, less than his competitor.

But the size difference proved almost meaningless as the former strongman landed a concussive knockout within the opening twenty seconds.

BODY SHOT CHALLENGE: Lopez laughs off huge hit from 24-stone Game Of Thrones star

He opened the bout with leg kicks to close the distance and slow ‘Bombardier’ down, before finishing the bout with a vicious right hand that landed clean.

The Senegalese fighter is considered to be one of the best wrestlers in his country’s history, and had before spent just a associate of minutes in the cage during his two outings.

But he was no match for Pudzianowski, who has now won his last four KSW bouts by knockout.

HAVE YOUR SAY! Who would you like to see Pudzianowski fight next? Let us know in the comments section

The duo were supposed to meet back in March at KSW 59, but Ousmane Dia was hospitalised with appendicities just thirty minutes before the event.

Instead, Pudzianowski faced the debuting Nikola Milanovic, whom he stopped within the first two minutes.

The 44-year-old was a late-bloomer in MMA, making his debut at the age of 32 after deciding to quit strongman competitions to take up the sport.

He won the ‘world’s strongest man’ competition in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2008 while taking silver at the 2006 and 2009 competition.

But he opted to take up MMA when he was offered a contract by KSW in 2009, winning his first three bouts before ultimately amassing a 16-7 record while fighting around the world.






He was considered as a possible opponent for Game of Thrones star Thor Bjornsson’s boxing debut earlier this year, but ultimately the bout went to Devon Larratt.

“[Devon] wasn’t my pick,” Bjornsson told Mirror Fighting ahead of the bout. “The promotion picked him as my opponent, because I told them I would fight anyone.

“There were some discussions into fighting Mariusz Pudzianowski who has a lot of experience, but that fight couldn’t go by so we ended up with Devon.”

It remains to be seen if or when the Polish fighter will return to the cage, while ‘Bombardier’ will likely need a lot of time to retrieve before making his next move.


Read More





Read More






Click: See details

Leave a Reply